This week we celebrate our beautiful green plant and along with that, the recent re-brand of the IAPD GreenScene logo! The GreenScene program was developed by the International Association of Plastics Distributors (IAPD) to help promote the environmental advantages of performance plastics. At Nylatech, we are proud GreenScene members and are dedicated to lowering our environmental impact on the environment in our business.
Performance plastics are durable, multiple-use plastics that present unique opportunities to reduce, reuse, repurpose, and recycle. The GreenScene program expands on this by including environmental initiatives not only in our products, production, and manufacturing, but also in how we run an efficient, green office and administrative services.
Here are a few ways you can reduce your environmental impact in your workplace:
- get “Champions” in your workplace to be environmental stewards and leaders
- recycle plastic scrap whenever possible
- post reminders for people to turn off electronics and equipment when not in use
- encourage people to turn off engines when idling in parking lots and pick-up bays
- provide reusable ceramic or plastic mugs and glasses in your lunch room and meeting spaces
- segregate plastics, glass, and aluminum recycling
- turn off heating or AC in unused spaces
- program your thermostats
- ask staff for ideas to be more environmentally friendly in your workplace
Sustainability leads to improved profitability. We’re proud of our membership in the IAPD GreenScene program and in taking responsibility to develop business practices in an environmentally friendly manner.