As the nation rebuilds post-COVID, we’re helping the construction industry literally rebuild. Did you know cast nylon is a popular material for many construction building supplies and applications?
Keep reading to learn more about how cast nylon is used in this vital industry.
The typical applications for cast nylon in construction and building are vast and growing each year. Here are some of the most common parts we’re asked to make in cast nylon:
- Sheaves & Pulleys (replaced traditional steel or iron sheaves)
- Pipe clamps
- Sprockets (chosen due to reduced wear on chains)
- Bearing blocks
- Bearing housings
- Chain guides
- Wear strips (chosen due to its corrosion and chemical resistance)
- Wear pads (chosen for its range of thicknesses, widths, and lengths)
- Bespoke components
- Boom pads
- Slew rings
- Skate rollers
- Outrigger pads (chosen due to their strength under intense pressure, yet are lightweight)
The construction industry is turning away from traditional steel and iron and turning to cast nylon more often. Cast nylon offers numerous advantages, including:
- Exceptional resistance to wear and abrasion
- High Impact strength
- Corrosion and chemical resistance
- Low coefficient of friction
- High visibility and colors for increased safety
At Nylatech, we’ve worked with many technical and design experts to develop new plastics applications for the construction industry. Our efforts have skyrocketed cast nylon plastics into some of the most successful and widely used plastic alternatives to traditional metal construction materials.
Want to make construction or building materials or equipment parts in cast nylon? Contact our team today to talk about the possibilities.